Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The ultimate mix tape generation service

Last night, at a dinner party, my dear friend Leah handed me something I realized I hadn't been a recipient of in a while: a mix tape. More accurately, a mix CD. The last mix-recording-delivery-instrument I recall getting was a tape from a girl in high school back in 1995, which, if I recall correctly, featured James Brown and Seven Year Bitch back to back. I had nearly forgotten the art of the mixtape.

At any rate, all of this reminded me of Tiny Mix Tapes' automatic mix tape generator, which has provided some entertaining mixes, such as "Songs for the guy who has the worst gas in the world, but you love him anyway" and "Songs for sleeping in a hammock".

And thanks, Leah, for the tunes; it's a lovely, laid back mix. Were I the Tiny Mix Tapes generator, I might produce it in response to "Songs to soothe me whilst on a long-distance car trip at 6 AM, driving bleary-eyed and perhaps a bit hungover and waiting for the caffeine to kick in." But I had no titles for the tracks; who was responsible for that cover of "Good Morning, Good Morning"?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home